Notes for Authors
In Spiritual Psychology and Counseling (SPC);
- Articles and features are normally published only in English. Manuscripts in Turkish are accepted for review but must be translated into English if the manuscript is to be accepted for publication.
- SPC does not charge any submission, publication or processing fees from authors.
- Manuscripts should adhere to the standards of Publication Manual of American Psychological Association (APA) (6th edition).
Contributors submitting their work to SPC should be informed that articles should include the following:
- Quantitative, qualitative, or mixed research methods,
- Comprehensive literature reviews, meta-analysis, or meta-synthesis,
- Model proposals, clinical experimental research model, or original writings of similar quality.
Editorial and Review Process
SPC gives priority to current studies using advanced research and statistical methods and techniques. The Journal’s main criteria for publication are original contribution to the field and competency in methodology.
Manuscripts are first assessed by the Editorial Board for purpose, topic, content, presentation style, and mechanics of writing. The Editors emphasize that SPC articles should not include studies based on very frequently used measurement tools or on research topics that have been overly examined, unless they propose an innovative approach to the topic in question.
Flow of the Review Procedure
- After the submission, authors are sent a confirmation of receipt by email.
- Manuscripts are evaluated by the Editorial Board following the submission.
- A plagiarism check is conducted by a plagiarism detection software right after the submission.
- Manuscripts failing the originality check are rejected without further scrutiny.
- Manuscripts that meet the criteria for SPC proceed to the next stage, which is reviewer evaluation.
- Manuscripts that do not meet the SPC criteria are notified of the decision with the relevant justification for rejection.
- Receipt of manuscripts and Editorial Board decisions may take approximately two weeks.
- Manuscripts are sent to two specialists in the relevant field.
- If the reviewers differ in opinion about the quality of your work, the paper will be referred to a third reviewer.
- The Editorial Board and referee reviews take approximately 2-3 months to complete. This time may be extended depending on the availability of referees in the area that the manuscript is related.
- Reviewer reports are kept confidential. We adopt a double-blind peer-review evaluating process.
- Authors must be attentive to the criticisms, suggestions, and corrections of the referees and the Editorial Board. In case of disagreement with the reports, authors must explain why they do not agree with the points made by the reviewers.
- For more details of the review process, visit the Notes for Reviewers page.
- There are three possible results for a manuscript:
- Acceptance with minor or major revisions
- Reject and Resubmit process
Manuscripts go through the following stages once accepted for publication:
- Reviewer reports and Editorial Board reports are sent to the author.
- Authors revise their manuscripts according to the reports, and the Editorial Board reviews the revised manuscripts before they advance to the proofreading stage.
- Authors are sent the proofreading notes.
- When proofreading is complete, manuscripts advance to the formatting and pagination stage.
- Following the pagination process, authors are asked to conduct a final check of their manuscripts.
- After completion of these processes, manuscripts are initially published on OnlineFirst. As each article is assigned a DOI, this version could be treated as the authentic version.
- The manuscripts are published in an issue relevant to the planning and workload of the journal.
- It is the responsibility of the authors to have the articles proofread. In the event that the manuscripts are accepted for publication, the corresponding authors are asked to document that their final version has passed through proofreading from a competent service.
- Manuscript submission and all communications are done through the following e-mail address: email@example.com